Broward County Keeping an Eye on Hurricane Irma Currently a Category 5
Residents are advised to finalize hurricane plans. Hurricane storm winds are expected in Broward County early Sunday morning. Please take protective actions and begin to implement your emergency plan in preparation for the arrival of Irma. Your safety depends on you being prepared.
At this time, residents should:
* Put up shutters, bring in patio furniture and loose objects from around your home.
* Gather non-perishable/canned foods with non-electric can opener and plenty of bottled water.
* Fill your vehicle with fuel, have a fully charged emergency cell phone, flashlights with extra batteries, stop at an ATM for cash and stock up on medicines/prescriptions.
* Make plans to evacuate if you choose to do so.
* Do not trim trees and vegetation at this time. Secure large items and loose tree trimmings.
* Please do not place bulk trash/debris to the curb as they will become dangerous flying objects.
The Broward County Call Center, dial 311, is a 24/7 Emergency Hotline to answer any questions. The latest closings and cancellations for Broward County can be found on www.broward.org/hurricane
Click here for the City of Hollywood Hurricane Preparedness Guide 2017
We want our residents to be proactive and remain safe during the storm.
Heather Blank, LCAM
Community Association Manager